The Dymoke family and their ancestors have lived at Scrivelsby Estate since 1066, when they were given the land by William the Conqueror. It is one of the oldest, continuously occupied Estates in England. Scrivelsby Walled Garden was formally laid out by the last great landscape designer, Humphry Repton, in 1791, as a means of growing exotic fruit in the glasshouse along the south facing wall. The garden was empty for many years but has been brought back to life by Gail Dymoke.
Scrivelsby Walled Garden is a magical location. Surrounded by parkland with deer, it has both a formal garden and wild-flower meadow within. St. Benedict’s, our Estate church, is located a short walk across the adjacent field. The seclusion of the garden makes this a venue that delights all who visit and leaves a lasting impression in the hearts of all who marry there. The venue includes use of all the facilities and an adjacent space for those who wish to camp/glamp, lending itself to a festival feel.
We have 4 x Tipis linked together to provide a large, yet intimate space with views over the Walled Garden, formal lawns & wild-flower meadow. The flexible space can cater for weddings and parties of up to 160 seated guests.